• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Making Moussaka and Spanakopita for guests and suddenly thought...what will I do with the leftover phyllo sheets.  Found this recipe Phyllo Crisps   and whipped them up.  Forgot that there were only the two of us to eat them...apparently they don't keep well...and we both ate too many.  Oh well, this too will pass.

However, they were easy to make, quick, no fuss...and delicious.  Did not cut them correctly, but it made no difference as to taste.  This morning they are still crispy...yes, I just tried one.  Now will they last until Sunday night's dinner and the arrival of the guests?  I put up a photo only to fulfil my eG obligations.

DSC01754.thumb.JPG.cfd927773cc17f3a6c0a78b73128229d.JPG

I really am a poor photographer...

Darienne

Darienne

Making Moussaka and Spanakopita for guests and suddenly thought...what will I do with the leftover phyllo sheets.  Found this recipe Phyllo Crisps   and whipped them up.  Forgot that there were only the two of us to eat them...apparently they don't keep well...and we both ate too many.  Oh well, this too will pass.

However, they were easy to make, quick, no fuss...and delicious.  Did not cut them correctly, but it made no difference as to taste.  This morning they are still crispy...yes, I just tried one.  Now will they last until Sunday night's dinner and the arrival of the guests?  I put up a photo only to fulfil my eG obligations.

DSC01754.thumb.JPG.cfd927773cc17f3a6c0a78b73128229d.JPG