• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

19 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thanks for all of this!  I just might be prepared to give this kind of cookie another chance.

One more thing to add in case you want to give it a try with reduced investment.  For the Ginger Rye Shortbread, I made the full recipe but for the Juniper-Olive and the Salted Rosemary Shortbreads, I made a half batch.  

I did the same this morning and mixed up doughs for Rose Pistachio Shortbread and Buttered Rum Shortbreads.  

That leaves me with the Fresh Mint and Lime Shortbread left to try.  Maybe I should set up a half batch of them, too.  

Or maybe the World Peace cookies if I start acting cocky and need to be knocked down a peg 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

19 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thanks for all of this!  I just might be prepared to give this kind of cookie another chance.

One more thing to add in case you want to give it a try with reduced investment.  For the Ginger Rye Shortbread, I made the full recipe but for the Juniper-Olive and the Salted Rosemary Shortbreads, I made a half batch.  

I did the same this morning and mixed up doughs for Rose Pistachio and Buttered Rum Shortbreads.  

That leaves me with the Fresh Mint and Lime Shortbread left to try.  Maybe I should set up a half batch of them, too.  

Or maybe the World Peace cookies if I start acting cocky and need to be knocked down a peg 🙃