• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

Tomorrow is our annual staff “retreat” - a day offsite to work on our culture and think about the future - and again this year I volunteered to provide dessert for lunch and snacks for the afternoon break. I always try to accommodate as many tastes as possible, which usually leads to an assortment of goodies. Before I wrapped them up on their platters I kept one of each aside for ... quality control:

E2C8FC42-2766-48EB-98DC-A0B3F8B7FCB2.thumb.jpeg.0dcc1fce03c00a4e0d768a766b57a59c.jpeg

Clockwise from 12:00: tangy citrus sandwich cookies, brown butter chocolate chip cookies with pecans, almond joy cookies, and extra-gooey Rice Krispie treats with handfuls of freeze dried blueberries, raspberries and strawberries mixed in.

We have a few folks on staff who shun gluten, so I thought I would try King Arthur Flour’s gluten free measure-for-measure flour blend in the chocolate chip and citrus cookies. It seemed to work just fine - I usually get more spread on the chocolate chip cookies with wheat flour, and there is a distinct grittiness/powderiness to them both, but I imagine they will get eaten by gluten free and gluten full folks without complaint.

patris

patris

Tomorrow is our annual staff “retreat” - a day offsite to work on our culture and think about the future - and again this year I volunteered to provide dessert for lunch and snacks for the afternoon break. I always try to accommodate as many tastes as possible, which usually leads to an assortment of goodies. Before I wrapped them up on their platters I kept one of each aside for ... quality control:

E2C8FC42-2766-48EB-98DC-A0B3F8B7FCB2.thumb.jpeg.0dcc1fce03c00a4e0d768a766b57a59c.jpeg

Clockwise from 12:00: tangy citrus sandwich cookies, brownbrown butter chocolate chip cookies with pecans, almond joy cookies, and extra-gooey Rice Krispie treats with handfuls of freeze dried blueberries, raspberries and strawberries mixed in.

We have a few folks on staff who shun gluten, so I thought I would try King Arthur Flour’s gluten free measure-for-measure flour blend in the chocolate chip and citrus cookies. It seemed to work just fine - I usually get more spread on the chocolate chip cookies with wheat flour, and there is a distinct grittiness/powderiness to them both, but I imagine they will get eaten by gluten free and gluten full folks without complaint.