• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mariesdoats

mariesdoats

Hi, new member here-- inspired to post, because of this question. 

My recent favorite is the Espresso Chocolate Cake (now retired) from Proof Bakery in Los Angeles. I got interested in the recipe after seeing this unlikely BuzzFeed clip online (whoa, what's up with 30+ *million* views!! I wondered):

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/n45cd99135de59e

and later found the recipe in the LA Times. Takes a few days to make the component parts--- at least, if you work full-time like me--- but otherwise easy. The final photo is from the online recipe-- and made by the bakery, not me! I include it here to inspire you to Extreme Baking Greatness, not yet achieved by me. But: delicious and fun, for a first try!

IMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.854a99d8a0b990a8630e440f7c687d01.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

CY7Q46CGAZGWHMIJJ3CN6XWTRU.jpg

mariesdoats

mariesdoats

My recent favorite is the Espresso Chocolate Cake (now retired) from Proof Bakery in Los Angeles. I got interested in the recipe after seeing this unlikely BuzzFeed clip online (what's up with 24 *million* views!! I wondered: here) and later found the recipe in the LA Times. Takes a few days to make the component parts--- at least, if you work full-time like me--- but otherwise easy. 

IMG_1142.jpeg

CY7Q46CGAZGWHMIJJ3CN6XWTRU.jpg

mariesdoats

mariesdoats

My recent favorite is the Espresso Chocolate Cake (now retired) from Proof Bakery in Los Angeles. I got interested in the recipe after seeing this unlikely BuzzFeed clip online (what's up with 24 *million* views!! I wondered: here) and later found the recipe in the LA Times. Takes a few days to make the component parts--- at least, if you work full-time like me--- but otherwise easy. 

IMG_1142.jpeg