• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

Our staff breakfast was this morning, and the danish were a hit. Of course I forgot to take pictures of the iced and plated final product, but I did remember to snap a (rather poor) shot of them before I closed up the boxes after baking and cooling last night. Bear claws and cheese diamonds in the foreground, and more bear claws and pinwheels with Bonne Maman four fruits preserves in the background.

5aaa8c3760d40_IMG_28721.thumb.JPG.fc7036c22708ca79ce8594ec346cfa09.JPG

Joe Pastry's recipe was terrific - lovely dough to work with. I had a few bear claws open up on me, but that was the only real technical issue. I refreshed them briefly this morning in a 250 degree oven with a pan of hot water on the lower oven rack for humidity and they tasted freshly-baked.

patris

patris

Our staff breakfast was this morning, and the danish were a hit. Of course I forgot to take pictures of the iced and plated final product, but I did remember to snap a (rather poor) shot of them before I closed up the boxes after baking and cooling last night. Bear claws and cheese diamonds in the foreground, and more bear claws and pinwheels with Bonne Maman four fruits preserves in the background.

5aaa8c3760d40_IMG_28721.thumb.JPG.fc7036c22708ca79ce8594ec346cfa09.JPG

Joe Pastry's recipe was terrific - lovely dough to work with. I had a few bear claws open up on me, but that was the only real technical issue. I refreshed them briefly this morning in a 250 degree oven with a pan of hot water on the lower oven rack for humidity.