• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

Got my chocolates mixed up

Going to a dinner party tonight with some friends and as usual, I quickly volunteered to take care of dessert. The hostess is a dear friend and she and I are planning a trip to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam. The trip won’t be until 2020 but in the meantime I was inspired to make mignardises - volcano chocolates (inspired by @kriz6912), dark chocolate with espresso ganache and milk chocolate with chai ganache; pates de fruits in raspberry and mango-lime; and macarons with salted caramel filling.

5C95858B-3205-4DBD-8B19-2556DEA92FE4.thumb.jpeg.c1deb45d263dc42f0d3933e013bbd7cb.jpeg

patris

patris

Going to a dinner party tonight with some friends and as usual, I quickly volunteered to take care of dessert. The hostess is a dear friend and she and I are planning a trip to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam. The trip won’t be until 2020 but in the meantime I was inspired to make mignardises - volcano chocolates (inspired by @kriz6912), dark chocolate with espresso ganache and white chocolate with chai ganache; pates de fruits in raspberry and mango-lime; and macarons with salted caramel filling.

5C95858B-3205-4DBD-8B19-2556DEA92FE4.thumb.jpeg.c1deb45d263dc42f0d3933e013bbd7cb.jpeg