• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

1 hour ago, cakewalk said:

Well, it certainly does look like a Birthday Keter! (Crown). Is that caramelized like a Yerushalmi Kugel? Or is that chocolate? I never heard of a birthday kugel, but hey, it's your birthday, do what you want. (Mazal tov!)

Thanks, that's a Yerushalmi kugel (I'll edit the post to mention this). I never heard of birthday kugel before either, but making one for my birthday has become a tradition. 

shain

shain

1 hour ago, cakewalk said:

Well, it certainly does look like a Birthday Keter! (Crown). Is that caramelized like a Yerushalmi Kugel? Or is that chocolate? I never heard of a birthday kugel, but hey, it's your birthday, do what you want. (Mazal tov!)

Thanks, that's a jerusalmi kugel (I'll edit the post to mention this). I never heard of birthday kugel before either, but making one for my birthday has become a tradition.