• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

I thought I would post this article here about a baker who gets a little artistic with her pie crusts.

"Seattle baker's gorgeous pies will leave your jaw on the floor and your mouth watering"

Driven by color and pattern, Ko constantly brainstorms color combinations and geometric patterns that she replicates with pie dough and fruit. Science! 

"I usually have some nebulous idea in my head for design and then improvise as I go along, depending on how well the dough or fruit cooperates with my vision," said Ko. "My final products are generally happy accidents."

If you click on the Instagram pictures in the article, it takes you to her account where she gives a little info about the pie that's pictured. She's very "punny" which wears thin, but I think the crusts are inspirational. I especially liked the pear pie/tart.

edited to add: Moderators, feel free to move this post if need be.

Toliver

Toliver

I thought I would post this article here about a baker who gets a little artistic with her pie crusts.

"Seattle baker's gorgeous pies will leave your jaw on the floor and your mouth watering"

Driven by color and pattern, Ko constantly brainstorms color combinations and geometric patterns that she replicates with pie dough and fruit. Science! 

"I usually have some nebulous idea in my head for design and then improvise as I go along, depending on how well the dough or fruit cooperates with my vision," said Ko. "My final products are generally happy accidents."

If you click on the Instagram pictures in the article, it takes you to her account where she gives a little info about the pie that's pictured. She's very "punny" which wears thin, but I think the crusts are inspirational. I especially liked the pear pie/tart.