• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

And round 2; vanilla bean cupcakes, with fresh pear baked into the mix, the centers cored out and filled with pear caramel, feuilletine and pistachio praline, topped with that roasted and reduced pear buttercream, and decorated with a candied pear wafer.

But the impressive part of all that is that even despite losing a significant portion of my fingertip to the mandoline when slicing the pears and bleeding non stop for five hours and eventually requiring proper medical attention, I still managed to get my eyeliner on more or less straight the next day, bloodied stump notwithstanding. This is my bandaged mandoline stump. :(

Is a serious mandoline injury the sign of a TRUE eGulleter?

IMG_8376.thumb.JPG.1b872219dcbf02f04f3f6277ab211774.JPG

IMG_8369.thumb.JPG.2bfaa4ac09b11c9889abd734fda28db3.JPG

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

And round 2; vanilla bean cupcakes, with fresh pear baked into the mix, the centers cored out and filled with pear caramel, feuilletine and pistachio praline, topped with that roasted and reduced pear buttercream, and decorated with a candied pear wafer.

But the impressive part of all that is that even despite losing a significant portion of my fingertip to the mandoline when slicing the pears and bleeding non stop for five hours and eventually requiring proper medical attention, I still managed to get my eyeliner on more or less straight the next day, bloodied stump This is my bandaged mandoline stump. :(

Is a serious mandoline injury the sign of a TRUE eGulleter?

IMG_8376.thumb.JPG.1b872219dcbf02f04f3f6277ab211774.JPG

IMG_8369.thumb.JPG.2bfaa4ac09b11c9889abd734fda28db3.JPG