• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kasia

Kasia

the strawberry time is back (at least in Poland :)) so last weekend I have prepared one of my favorite cakes - Light strawberry small cake. 

Ingredients:

1 kg of strawberries

130g of butter

3 tablespoons of cocoa

100g of rolled oats

6 tablespoons of sugar

4 tablespoons of water

3 teaspoons of gelatin

200g of natural yoghurt

250g of mascarpone

4 tablespoons of caster sugar

200g of longitudinal sponge biscuits

50g of dark chocolate

Put the margarine, sugar, water and cocoa into a pot, and boil to combine the ingredients. Add the rolled oats and mix them in. Cool the mixture down slightly. Cover the bottom of a cake tin with the oat-chocolate mass. Cover the sides of the cake tin with the sponge biscuits, slightly pressing them into the mass. Put the cake tin into the fridge. Melt the gelatine in 100 ml of hot water. Blend thoroughly 2/3s of the strawberries. Add the gelatine to them. Whisk the mascarpone, natural yoghurt and caster sugar to make a fluffy mass. Gradually add the blended strawberries and mix them in slightly. Put the strawberry mass on the chocolate base. Leave it in the fridge to congeal. Slice the rest of the strawberries and put them on the cake. You can decorate the cake with ready-made chocolate elements or sprinkle with grated chocolate.

DSC_0479a.jpg

DSC_0485a.jpg

Kasia

Kasia

the strawberry time is back (at least in Poland:)) so last weekend I have prepared one of my favorite cakes - Light strawberry small cake. 

Ingredients:

1 kg of strawberries

130g of butter

3 tablespoons of cocoa

100g of rolled oats

6 tablespoons of sugar

4 tablespoons of water

3 teaspoons of gelatin

200g of natural yoghurt

250g of mascarpone

4 tablespoons of caster sugar

200g of longitudinal sponge biscuits

50g of dark chocolate

Put the margarine, sugar, water and cocoa into a pot, and boil to combine the ingredients. Add the rolled oats and mix them in. Cool the mixture down slightly. Cover the bottom of a cake tin with the oat-chocolate mass. Cover the sides of the cake tin with the sponge biscuits, slightly pressing them into the mass. Put the cake tin into the fridge. Melt the gelatine in 100 ml of hot water. Blend thoroughly 2/3s of the strawberries. Add the gelatine to them. Whisk the mascarpone, natural yoghurt and caster sugar to make a fluffy mass. Gradually add the blended strawberries and mix them in slightly. Put the strawberry mass on the chocolate base. Leave it in the fridge to congeal. Slice the rest of the strawberries and put them on the cake. You can decorate the cake with ready-made chocolate elements or sprinkle with grated chocolate.

DSC_0479a.jpg

DSC_0485a.jpg