• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kasia

Kasia

Today I would like to share with you the recipe which is very simple and where the main ingredients are just apples. All cakes with apples I know involve cutting and stewing the apples. Here not. For this cake you should add pieces of fresh and fragrant fruit cut in half. This time the recipe for this cake is not mine - it comes from the Polish page http://moniamieszaigotuje.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

dough:
6 apples
280g of flour
200g of butter
1.5 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1 egg
125g of vanilla fromage frails

icing:
1 tablespoon of 18% cream
120g of caster sugar

Heat the oven up to 180C.
Peel the apples, cut them in half and remove the cores. Mix together the dry ingredients: the flour, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, and baking powder. Add the egg, vanilla fromage frais and butter. Knead the dough. Divide it in half. Cover a baking pan with one of the halves. Arrange the apples on top of it. Roll out the rest of the dough and cover the apples with it. Bake for 40 minutes. Make the icing with the cream and caster sugar. Cover the baked hot cake with it. Leave to cool down.

DSC_0737aa.jpg

Kasia

Kasia

Today I would like to share with you the recipe which is very simple and where the main ingredients are just apples. All cakes with apples I know involve cutting and stewing the apples. Here not. For this cake you should add pieces of fresh and fragrant fruit cut in half. This time the recipe for this cake is not mine - it comes from the Polish page Moniamieszaigotuje. 

Ingredients:

dough:
6 apples
280g of flour
200g of butter
1.5 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1 egg
125g of vanilla fromage frails

icing:
1 tablespoon of 18% cream
120g of caster sugar

Heat the oven up to 180C.
Peel the apples, cut them in half and remove the cores. Mix together the dry ingredients: the flour, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, and baking powder. Add the egg, vanilla fromage frais and butter. Knead the dough. Divide it in half. Cover a baking pan with one of the halves. Arrange the apples on top of it. Roll out the rest of the dough and cover the apples with it. Bake for 40 minutes. Make the icing with the cream and caster sugar. Cover the baked hot cake with it. Leave to cool down.

DSC_0737aa.jpg