• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

On 6/10/2018 at 11:31 PM, shain said:

Sounds good, I imagine it like a crisp muffin-cookie hybrid, sounds right? 

Not a cookie. just a flatter muffin with more crust.

I have both the Chicago Metallic muffin top pans (2)  and the Norpro (1).

The only reason I have both is because I misplaced the 2 CM pans and was planning to make some muffin tops in a few days.  Amazon for some reason, could not ship a CM pan in 2 day so I ordered the Norpro.  Of course, the day the latter was going to be delivered, I found the CM pans, sandwiched between two sheet pans in the rack where I store sheet pans and similar.

They are configured just a bit different. The CM "cups" have sides that slope more, the Norpro are more straight up and down.

They do have other uses. I use them for hamburger buns,  and I use BOTH to bake English muffins in the oven.  One with the cups filled with the dough, the other inverted (greased) and the two clamped together with jumbo binder clips. They come out thicker than commercial muffins but split and toasted they are perfect.

I use the King Arthur flour recipe.

andiesenji

andiesenji

On 6/10/2018 at 11:31 PM, shain said:

Sounds good, I imagine it like a crisp muffin-cookie hybrid, sounds right? 

Not a cookie. just a flatter muffin with more crust.