• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

3 hours ago, cakewalk said:

Boy, that's a lotta cake for two people! How does the semolina get so beautifully browned? Do you by any chance have a recipe to share? 

Indeed, this is not for one seating but enjoyed over a period of few days.

I do not have a recipe as I did not bake them. These were ordered by the powers that be for her friends coffee morning.

As a matter of fact she ordered a whole variety of full trays just in case they go out of fashion  :B

In reality, most of the quantities goes to charities as it is Ramadan month in the Middle East. We keep a small plate for us to nibble on.

Mabroumeh Pistachios

vc5zkGT.jpg

Mabroumeh Cashews

4whSi5i.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

3 hours ago, cakewalk said:

Boy, that's a lotta cake for two people! How does the semolina get so beautifully browned? Do you by any chance have a recipe to share? 

Indeed this is not for one seating but enjoyed over a period of few days.

I do not have a recipe as I did not bake them. These were ordered by the powers that be for her friends coffee morning.

As a matter of fact she ordered a whole variety of full trays just in case they go out of fashion  :B

In reality, most of the quantities goes to charities as it is Ramadan month in the Middle East. We keep a small plate for us to nibble on.

Mabroumeh Pistachios

vc5zkGT.jpg

Mabroumeh Cashews

4whSi5i.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

2 hours ago, cakewalk said:

Indeed this is not for one seating but enjoyed over a period of few days.

Mabroumeh Cashews

vc5zkGT.jpg

Mabroumeh Pistachios

4whSi5i.jpg