• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

Welcome!  Would you be better at an introduction if we asked you a few questions?  If so, here goes: what kind of food do you like to eat?  Do you like to cook it, too?  What sort of food research are you doing?

If none of that sort of thing gets you going, then just accept our welcome. If you have any questions about how the forums work, or where to find things, feel free to PM a host (I am one) or ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum.  Otherwise, just come on in and join the fun. :-)

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you for the warm welcome (and the lead in)! I love trying all kinds of food in general, but right now, I am obsessed with Korean food. So lately, I've been reading and cooking a lot of Korean fermented food. They have such a wide variety and the flavours vary so much. I love it. I have a Cambodian food blog, and I wanted to write a post on one of the new recipe I'm working on so I'm doing a background check on the history of the ingredients etc. etc. What I know of Cambodian food are what I learn from my mother but I want to get more in-depth, thorough information because it's a cuisine that's very obscure, even in the Asian community.

Blogger for A Travel Diary. A Cambodian food recipe and travel blog. 

Welcome, Yuen Mi!  I'm looking forward to your contributions!  I think you will find many here at eGullet that share your interest in Korean food and I don't doubt that there are folks here that are knowledgeable about even Cambodian food - or at least will be interested in your explorations!