• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

confectionery coating in ganache- question

ChocoMom

Greetings all! 

Quick question ...Has anyone used confectionery coating in ganache, and been successful?   I'd normally not do this, but I have a very dear friend who is allergic to chocolate. Her son is graduating from high school, and she hired me to do chocolates.   We'd all like for her to enjoy something from the selections at the reception.  The only pieces I can do for her without any chocolate derivatives is of the white chocolate variety.  So, white confectionery coating is the only alternative I can find to sub in. 

Now, with the actual chocolates, I did a butter ganache with white chocolate, mango puree and coconut. (Tastes amazing, btw.)   If I do the same method with the softened butter, glucose; then mix in melted confectionery coating, will it harden up when I add the puree, or stay soft?   I tend to think it would be okay, but I absolute hate the idea of wasting that puree.  So, thought it best to ask here and see if this a disaster in the making- or a decent alternative...

Thank you for any help and advice you're able to lend.  As always, your expertise is very much appreciated! 

Andrea

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin:

I ended up casting a mold with the super white confectionery coating, filled with the ganache, and backed them off with the coating. Turned out wonderfully!  I delivered them this afternoon, and my friend was so excited- she opened the box right up and tried one!  Not sure if they will last until tomorrow!

Thank you again!!! 

• Like 3

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin: