• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

15 minutes ago, Arey said:

I try to clean as I go because I have such limited counter space.The only overnight object in the kitchen sink is the tea cup from after dinner which  will go in the dishwasher in the morning.  Since I live alone and am only cooking for one  I try to keep messes under control because i know who's going to get stuck with the cleanup  The kitchen floor is an entirely different matter.  If I had a dog the floor would be cleaner, but i have a cat who's a picky eater and scatters his kibble all over.  Anybody have any suggestions as to how to keep a kitchen floor clean when you're a senior senior citizen with arthritis.  There is a woman I pay a couple of times a year to do the floor and ONLY the floor but then I have to clean up the after her especially the countertops.

One word: Roomba.  Don't be scared by the retail prices. Hang out in thrift stores long enough and you will find one or more. I have found three that way and I could not live without a Roomba.   You may have to fork out $50 for a new battery but it will last a long time.   I have an elderly cat as a guest at the moment and we both suffer from old age and arthritis.  She scatters kibble and cat litter everywhere.  She does not like the Roomba but I do!  

Anna N

Anna N

12 minutes ago, Arey said:

I try to clean as I go because I have such limited counter space.The only overnight object in the kitchen sink is the tea cup from after dinner which  will go in the dishwasher in the morning.  Since I live alone and am only cooking for one  I try to keep messes under control because i know who's going to get stuck with the cleanup  The kitchen floor is an entirely different matter.  If I had a dog the floor would be cleaner, but i have a cat who's a picky eater and scatters his kibble all over.  Anybody have any suggestions as to how to keep a kitchen floor clean when you're a senior senior citizen with arthritis.  There is a woman I pay a couple of times a year to do the floor and ONLY the floor but then I have to clean up the after her especially the countertops.

One word: Roomba.  Don't be scared by the retail prices. Hang out in thrift stores long enough and you will find one or more. I have found three that way and I could not live without a Roomba.   You may have to fork out $50 for a new battery but it will last a long time.   I have an elderly cat as a guest at the moment and we both suffer from old age and arthritis.  She scatters kibble and cat litter everywhere.  She does not like the Rooba but I do!