• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Introducing "The Chickle"

Toliver

It's a very limited edition sort of thing:

"Pickle Fans Are Flipping Out Over The Chickle"

... the "chickle" is a pickle sliced lengthwise and then stuffed with Nashville-style hot chicken.

They don't say if the pickle is scooped out in the middle before stuffing it with the chicken. If they don't, then I'd imagine the filling squishing out with every bite.

I enjoy dill pickles and I enjoy chicken but I never thought about using the pickle as the "bun" for a chicken sandwich.

Intriguing, to say the least.

• Like 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I generally agree with Lindag. Nothing about that dish sounds interesting to me! I'm not really into dill pickles and I haven't yet figured out why everybody is raving so much about Nashville hot chicken. Maybe I haven't had good Nashville hot chicken although says that a couple of the places locally have really good hot chicken. I guess it's just not something that my taste buds like. Combining 2 things you don't like certainly doesn't make something you like!

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

KFC now has spicy chicken and Carla Hall has her own brand of Nashville hot chicken.

I haven't tried either although I do tend to like things spicy.  I just may pick up some KFC spicy next time I'm in town.