• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Kerry Beal

Report: eGullet Chocolate and Confectionary Workshop 2017

34 posts in this topic

I have a love/hate relationship with Brazilian steakhouses. Lots of tasty meat delivered to your plate as often as you desire. Sounds perfect until you add in my complete inability to say "no thanks, I've had enough" when they come to the table... so I end up eating entirely too much and become pretty much useless for the remainder of the evening. :D

6 people like this

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

image.thumb.jpeg.8982b7cf6f4b7daaa59e87d18e2dd6a3.jpeg

Negroni for me

image.thumb.jpeg.9132cbd78c2b9b15e6b3804440591f84.jpeg

squid bits

image.thumb.jpeg.1d7a6395a37cfbac830e18fbd5e61a22.jpeg

flatbread

image.thumb.jpeg.8b1a89ff0dfb1e3b031df1e84ed606a4.jpeg

bruschetta

image.thumb.jpeg.e1a512ee0221f06ea8a86bd0aee1bbaf.jpeg

stuffed mushrooms

image.thumb.jpeg.73273eb79efe89e1ca03c7a47de6e1f8.jpeg

house salad

image.thumb.jpeg.ae58de2d67c919a8ea9cf32cd2c30084.jpeg

caesar 

all at the Italian restaurant in the Tuscany Hotel 

10 people like this

We made a few chocolates & confections. Will post more photos after I get home.

IMG_2437.thumb.JPG.d83958bd215f243d9e90725209cd81ad.JPG

10 people like this

I'm so pleased to see Gulley immortalized in the custom silk screen. :B Did a finished product feature that print? If so, is there a closeup?

1 person likes this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I'm so pleased to see Gulley immortalized in the custom silk screen. :B Did a finished product feature that print? If so, is there a closeup?

Wasn't as successful as we hoped - perhaps a side effect of making such a small screen - I'm going to have to fiddle with it when I get home. @curls has one pic I think.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

37 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Wasn't as successful as we hoped - perhaps a side effect of making such a small screen - I'm going to have to fiddle with it when I get home. @curls has one pic I think.

I took a few photos of our Gully silk screen and transfer. Will post them this week.