• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sauce Pika Gorri

Anna N

I was just given a gift of this.  I am curious if anyone else is familiar with it and what interesting uses they have made of it. 

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Never heard of it. I'm sure I'm nowhere close to what it would actually be used for but it sounds like it would be tasty with venison.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 minute ago, Tri2Cook said:

Never heard of it. I'm sure I'm nowhere close to what it would actually be used for but it sounds like it would be tasty with venison.

Yep. Now all I need is for someone to give me some venison.xDxDxD

Thinkin it will work very well with duck. 

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

6 hours ago, Lisa Shock said:

basically a gastrique...

Yup.  Was just interested to see if anyone else had done anything with it.

My 2004 eG Blog