• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

B&B and Resort/Spa in Oregon or Washington State

• 3 months later...

This is probably late... I'm curious as to whether you were able to find a good recommendation.

I would suggest Port Townsend, WA as a quiet, relaxing getaway. It's an old Victorian-era port, and there are a number of B&Bs as well as historic hotels.

Thanks for the recommendation.  After all the research I ended up in Winthrop.  Eventually I will get to the coast.  Been by Port Townsend, but prefer Sequim.

• 4 weeks later...

For your 24th, or for others interested in this thread, Cameo Heights Mansion (B&B) near Walla Walla, WA may be a possibility.  Their restaurant has a seven course dinner with optional wine pairings. My wife and I stayed there and had dinner for our anniversary a few years ago. Not inexpensive, but very nice rooms and food.

Edited by MT-Tarragon (log)
  • Like 1

M. Thomas

Of course I thought of it after making my last post... On the spa side, and getting away from everything, there is Storm King Spa just outside the west entrance of Mt. Ranier park. The cabins are mostly outside of cell phone range, so you can really get away. While the spa menu isn't extensive, there are massages, facials, sauna, hot tub, body polishes and bath soaks.  It's not really a food place, though, but the Copper Creek Inn Restaurant nearby had the best blackberry pie we've ever had, and my wife thought they had the best biscuits and gravy she's had.

M. Thomas