• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where can I find chocolate filling/ganache recipes?

kevnick80

Hi guys. 

Just as the title says, where can I find some decent ganache/filling recipes? I love all the chocolate based and fruit flavoured fillings, but don't know where to look. 

Its a hobby so don't need recipes with enormous quantities. 

Thanks

I would start with the Greweling book that Kerry recommends.  It has plenty of recipes, but it also goes through the theory of making ganache, which will help you develop your own recipes.  That's where the fun is.  

Greweling is a great book.  My first book was Making Artisan Chocolates, Andrew Garrison Shotts.  I would recommend that one.   Much smaller book, and easy to follow.  

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

3 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Greweling is a great book.  My first book was Making Artisan Chocolates, Andrew Garrison Shotts.  I would recommend that one.   Much smaller book, and easy to follow.  

I don't find Shott's recipes for ganaches to be as reliable as Peter's though. But as I recall it might have been that the two part recipes didn't match up in amounts.

• Like 1

I'm sure you are correct Kerry.  For me the book as a raw beginner was more approachable.  Greweling is a wonderful book, but rather intimidating for a beginning at that time working completely by myself.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Greweling actually has 2 versions of his book - one for professionals (although I use it and i am certainly not a professional) and another for the home hobby chocolate maker. I would recommend starting with that - the batches are smaller and he makes no assumptions of prior knowledge. That one is titled Chocolates and Confections At Home.

Edited by ElainaA (log)

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

1 hour ago, ElainaA said:

Greweling actually has 2 versions of his book - one for professionals (although I use it and i am certainly not a professional) and another for the home hobby chocolate maker. I would recommend starting with that - the batches are smaller and he makes no assumptions of prior knowledge. That one is titled Chocolates and Confections At Home.

I agree that for a beginner, the At Home series is great. Peter "dumbed down" the recipes not only in quantities, but in available ingredients. Instead of PDF pectin, he calls for grocery store pectin. He simplifies a lot. All three of his books are great.

• Like 1

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

• 1 year later...