• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2017 Kitchen Appliances

weinoo

43 minutes ago, chromedome said:

LOL It's more than I've ever paid for one, but I drive disposables by choice. Also I'm a cheapskate. :P

I think we paid about that for our ex-ambulance in the U.K., but it was a massive 4 ton 1982 beast. Other than that I've actually just inherited cars. My current is a 2002 Prius that came to me when my parents upgraded to a Prius V. By the time they updated the Prius was worth little enough it wasn't worth trading in. So I got it. Still works, :D

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

LOL It's more than I've ever paid for one, but I drive disposables by choice. Also I'm a cheapskate. :P

I actually admire your approach to cars.  Hopefully it means you have extra to spend on something you or someone you love really wants.

7 hours ago, boilsover said:

I actually admire your approach to cars.  Hopefully it means you have extra to spend on something you or someone you love really wants.

Well, you know...food, electricity... :P

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning