• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

kevnick80

How do they do that? (the bonbon thread)

6 hours ago, A Polderman said:

I recently saw a video that Andrey posted in which he did do as @teonzo stated and filled two cavities with chocolate 2/3  full and placed a popsicle style stick within creating a mask that could be moved to each cavity of the mold to spray.

what I haven't figured out is how the iris and cornea were completed??

I looked at all of his recent Instagram videos and didn't see it there. Do you recall where it was posted?

honestly I don't have time in my life to spray moulds two cavities at a time 🤣

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, keychris said:

honestly I don't have time in my life to spray moulds two cavities at a time 🤣

Ha,  it's still faster than my one at a time 😆

Edited by pastrygirl (log)
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:58 AM, Jim D. said:

I looked at all of his recent Instagram videos and didn't see it there. Do you recall where it was posted?

Sorry I was not able to find the video I had seen before but I did find this one that is the same concept.

• Similar Content

• By pastrygirl
      This looks interesting - I know some of us have lamented the lack of flavor or off flavors of additives to colored cocoa butter - anyone seen or tried these?  Looks like they can be used either to mix into chocolate as a fat-based flavor or to decorate molds as usual with colored CB ...  More expensive than Valrhona Inspiration or regular colored CB, I wonder how they compare in flavor intensity, the Valrhonas I've tried were fairly intense.  I also wonder what flavors brown, black, and amber are ... https://www.pcb-creation.com/pure-emotion-colour-by-pcb-creation/?lang=en

Edited to add: the black/ brown flavors are chocolate, of course! 🙃

• By eglies
      Hello everyone. 

I have been encountering a problem with my chocolate tablets. My chocolate is tempered and checked with a test but they still seem to be coming out like this. 

Any tips about this? 

• By pastrygirl
      There are two local grocery stores here who I'd like to try to sell chocolate to but they have policies forbidding GMO soy,  Soy lecithin is allowed only if organic or certified non-GMO. 

I use a lot of Felchlin, some Valrhona, a little Cacao Barry. The only mention of GMOs I've found from Felchlin is this note in a brochure: GMO absence:  Felchlin fulfills current legislative requirements regarding GMO absence.  All Felchlin products comply with the Swiss Regulation and the European Council Regulation related to genetically modified organisms in food and feed.

Does anybody know what those requirements are?  Is anything European going to be GMO-free?  Or labeled above some %?

• By eglies
      I have just started my own chocolaterie. We opened two weeks ago, we are only online business. It’s 15 days before Easter here. I have produced Bonbons but don’t know if it’s enough. I have budgeted for this but nobody can tell me how it will go right? I’m scared we won’t cope with last minute orders that week...
    • By tinyragebaking
      Hi everyone! 

I  lurk more often than post but I love this website! I've been dabbling in making bon bons and I wanted to ask if anybody here knew of any couverture dairy-free chocolates? One of my good friends is getting married and I would love to surprise her with some bon bons, but she has a severe allergy to caesin (so much so that if there's cross contamination with other food, she risks going to anaphylactic shock).  I'd appreciate any help or suggestions

Here's a photo of some of the stuff I've been having fun with.  I did from left to right an olive oil and thyme center, raspberry and green tea, and blueberry ginger!