• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Montezum788

Montezum788

Forgot the picture.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:53 AM, CaitlynA said:

I'm not sure how to send a link from Instagram, but I just saw a video of someone doing this the other day. The instagram is Montezuma788 and it is a video from Sept. 7th. They use a small spray bottle with alcohol and water (or just water), spray it into the mold cavity then lightly spray over the water droplets with cocoa butter. I'm not entirely sure how it doesn't cause blooming, but the final result looks the same. Hope that helps!

Yes, it’s only water because my experiments with alcohol/ water mixtures failed but Vodka should work.

Alternative way: Freeze a mould for around 5 minutes. Put it upside down on a tray with hot water. Wait for water to condense and form drops. Spray carefully colored cocoa butter. It’s fun! 

0E55070B-4146-46DC-A38F-626DB838B0EA.jpeg

Montezum788

Montezum788

On 9/18/2021 at 3:53 AM, CaitlynA said:

I'm not sure how to send a link from Instagram, but I just saw a video of someone doing this the other day. The instagram is Montezuma788 and it is a video from Sept. 7th. They use a small spray bottle with alcohol and water (or just water), spray it into the mold cavity then lightly spray over the water droplets with cocoa butter. I'm not entirely sure how it doesn't cause blooming, but the final result looks the same. Hope that helps!

Yes, it’s only water because my experiments with alcohol/ water mixtures failed but Vodka should work.

Alternative way: Freeze a mould for around 5 minutes. Put it upside down on a tray with hot water. Wait for water to condense and form drops. Spray carefully colored cocoa butter. It’s fun!