• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

19 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Interesting - wonder if you'd need to blow in the black when the droplet is still wet?

3 hours ago, Jurjen said:

I'd assume so, you probably want to make it mix a little with the droplets.

We're you not able to blow out all the black coloring in the ones you made?

I'd think no because the edges are so crisp and fine powders already stick to everything easily enough.

Maybe it was black CB wiped in then wiped out?  Or the second pass of white with the brush skipped over the splatter leaving a naked border and the black came later?  Those black edges are so even, though, mystifying indeed!  Also curious that the white drops towards the tops of some pieces do not have the black ring.  Incredible control or drips from the second coat of white?

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

Interesting - wonder if you'd need to blow in the black when the droplet is still wet?

I'd think no because the edges are so crisp and fine powders already stick to everything easily enough.

Maybe it was black CB wiped in then wiped out?  Or the second pass of white with the brush skipped over the splatter and the black came later?  Those black edges are so even, though, mystifying indeed!  Also curious that the white drops towards the tops of some pieces do not have the black ring.  Incredible control or drips from the second coat of white?

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

I'd think no because the edges are crisp and fine powders already stick to everything easily enough.

Maybe it was black CB wiped in then wiped out?  Or the second pass of white with the brush skipped over the splatter and the black came later?  Those black edges are so even, though, mystifying indeed!  Also curious that the white drops towards the tops of some pieces do not have the black ring.  Incredible control or drips from the second coat of white?