• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

21 minutes ago, jedovaty said:

Replying to myself, what if I heat the salt in the oven? This might bring in enough residual heat and melt/stick to the top.  Of course, this won't work with other decorations, but for now, this'll work.  Or maybe molded bon bons just weren't made for topping decorations?

How about putting it on while the bonbon is still wet. That works for enrobed bonbons.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

20 minutes ago, jedovaty said:

Replying to myself, what if I heat the salt in the oven? This might bring in enough residual heat and melt/stick to the top.  Of course, this won't work with other decorations, but for now, this'll work.  Or maybe molded bon bons just weren't made for topping decorations?

How about putting it on while the bonbon is still wet. That works for enrobed bonbonsHow about putting it on while the bonbon is still wet. That works for enrobed bonbons