• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

Hi there.  I'm hoping you all would be kind enough to provide some tips and tricks for very very low-volume, molded bon-bons (think 1 tray mold).  I've been making my own 3-ingredient ~73% chocolate (1-2 lbs at a time every few months, just to break off a square after dinner for tasting, instead of cheese).  Never made candy but for a couple experiments in the past (both dipped, with visual results analogous to that of a pre-skooler drawing itself in front of a mountain and sun). This thread is full of amazing results, which eventually I'd like to try, but for now, sticking to something simple.

Having watched many videos of the process, the mess and waste give me the frights, and finding an efficient way to keep the tempered chocolate liquid, tempered, and warm while the shells chill in the fridge for a few minutes eludes me.

Thanks for any motivation, pep-talk, tips, and tricks.  I'm going to start easy, of course.

drawing.png

jedovaty

jedovaty

Hi there.  I'm hoping you all would be kind enough to provide some tips and tricks for very very low-volume, molded bon-bons (think 1 tray mold).  I've been making my own 3-ingredient ~73% chocolate (1-2 lbs at a time every few months, just to break off a square after dinner for tasting, instead of cheese).  Never made candy but for a couple experiments in the past (both dipped, with visual results analogous to that of a pre-skooler drawing itself in front of a mountain and sun).

Having watched many videos of the process, the mess and waste give me the frights, and finding an efficient way to keep the tempered chocolate liquid, tempered, and warm while the shells chill in the fridge for a few minutes eludes me.

Thanks for any motivation, pep-talk, tips, and tricks.  I'm going to start easy, of course.

drawing.png