• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

julie99nl

julie99nl

On 3/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, Pastrypastmidnight said:

I guess I feel like there are people who go, “I wonder what would happen if I...” Or “I wonder if I can figure out a way to...”

I think that’s great. Trying to figure out what’s possible or trying to find a way to translate something from your head to reality. 

I wouldn't take a class to learn that technique. Because it’s just not practical. But I can look at it, admire the creativity and artistry and move on doing my own thing ;).

I think this pattern would be very nice to work out for a show piece, but any other reason would probably give most people repetitive stress by the end and unless using a rubber gum cleaner, I'd be nervous my mould would be damaged.

beautiful work. Congratulations to the student for having the patience to present such lovely work.

julie99nl

julie99nl

On 3/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, Pastrypastmidnight said:

I guess I feel like there are people who go, “I wonder what would happen if I...” Or “I wonder if I can figure out a way to...”

I think that’s great. Trying to figure out what’s possible or trying to find a way to translate something from your head to reality. 

I wouldn't take a class to learn that technique. Because it’s just not practical. But I can look at it, admire the creativity and artistry and move on doing my own thing ;).

I think this pattern would be very nice to work out for a show piece, but any other reason would probably give most people repetitive stress by the end and unless using a rubber gum cleaner, I'd be nervous my mould would be damaged.

beautiful work. Congratulations to the student for having the patience to present such a lovely work.