• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

8 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

Note it’s a repost from Monde du Chocolat in Toronto. Her page has a lot of similar water-painterly pieces. Do any of our favorite Canadians know her?

Her work is very impressive. Take a look at her Easter eggs. Her flavor combinations are also intriguing.  However she achieves the pastel water color effect (my guess is paintbrush with a very light touch--maybe using some of the "opaque" cocoa butter colors that contain white coloring), I imagine she uses a lot of white chocolate in her work.

Jim D.

Jim D.

Note it’s a repost from Monde du Chocolat in Toronto. Her page has a lot of similar water-painterly pieces. Do any of our favorite Canadians know her?

Her work is very impressive. Take a look at her Easter eggs. Her flavor combinations are also intriguing.  However she achieves the pastel water color effect (my guess is paintbrush with a very light touch--maybe using some of the "opaque" cocoa butter colors that are available and that contain white coloring), I imagine she uses a lot of white chocolate in her work.

Jim D.

Jim D.

Her work is very impressive. Take a look at her Easter eggs. Her flavor combinations are also intriguing.  However she achieves the pastel water color effect (my guess is paintbrush with a very light touch), I imagine she uses a lot of white chocolate in her work.