• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tikidoc

tikidoc

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to share this, but I have seen a number of people posting in the past about tape that one could use to get an even, sharp stripe on bonbons. I have not seen a solution (correct me if I missed it) but I think I found the magical mystery tape. I spent some time perusing amazon and found a Scotch product called “artist tape for curves” and picked up a roll. This is the result. I’m also trying out these new cheap Amazon molds, so I took the photo before unmolding (I’m going to fill them tomorrow), in case they don’t release well. But the tape did it’s job well.

CFE09CB2-442F-4B39-A250-EDC1630DC246.jpeg

tikidoc

tikidoc

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to share this, but I have seen a number of people posting in the past about tape that one could use to get an even, sharp stripe on Bon Bon’s. I have not seen a solution (correct me if I missed it) but I think I found the magical mystery tape. I spent some time perusing amazon and found a Scotch product called “artist tape for curves” and picked up a roll. This is the result. I’m also trying out these new cheap Amazon molds, so I took the photo before unmolding (I’m going to fill them tomorrow), in case they don’t release well. But the tape did it’s job well.

tikidoc

tikidoc

I’m not sure if this is the right thread to share this, but I have seen a number of people posting in the past about tape that one could use to get an even, sharp stripe on Bon Bon’s. I have not seen a solution (correct me if I missed it) but I think I found the magical mystery tape. I spent some time perusing amazon and found a Scotch product called “artist tape for curves” and picked up a roll. This is the result: