• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In the News: Franci's Cakes! NYTimes!

rotuts

I actually asked permission to post this 

but could not wait :

francesca spalluto nytimes cakes

here is the Pic :

5907aab1a6288_nytfranci.thumb.jpg.a0e397b8b629c3e7a2ebd48552d93f38.jpg

she has been working very hard

that's why we have seen less posts for awhile

Big congratulations go out to her !

it seems there are other secret items coming soon !

Ive sampled a few and they were delicious !

• Like 20

Hope it brings nothing but good things your way, Franci. I have tried your cakes and I know how good they are.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

You go girl!  So happy for you!

Years ago, when I started my business a neighbor was saying how someday they'd look across the street and see a van with the bakery name on it and he'd be able to say he knew me when...... I laughed right out loud.

I bought a new refrigerated Metris van last week.

So now it's your turn :)

You GO girl!!

• Like 11

Every bit of publicity helps, especially the NYT! Keep up with your good cakes and reputation. Let us know if it helped sales in the short term.

• Like 2

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

@JohnT

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die. "

this put a smile on my face , which are sometimes hard to come by !

• Like 4

@dcarch  

no reason you can't change your schedule and go back soon

Ive had two of these and they were far more than outstanding 

eventually they will be available W. of BOS

then Id turn into a Blimp !

not so bad if Ice Cream on top per the slice was de rigueur

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnT said:

Every bit of publicity helps, especially the NYT! Keep up with your good cakes and reputation. Let us know if it helped sales in the short term.

Sure! I'll let you know.

@dcarch best day to buy would actually be Thursday and Friday those are my delivery dates, except Caputo's fine foods that actually gets delivery more often on my way back home. They are still delicious many days after! I had my share of cakes past the expiration sell date...

Soon or later I'll sell online! Need to solve  the packaging issues...

Rotuts, too bad we are not neighbors, just for the cheering you should be granted free supply :-)

Edited by Franci (log)
  • Like 7

Must be something amazing in the air or water in Brooklyn.  I friend of mine is the mother of Steve of Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pies based there too.  I'm more than ready to take a dessert crawl through the neighborhood.  Those cakes have been calling to me since I saw the first one pictured here.  Very happy that the word is getting out.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...