• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Thanks @flippant I am not on Mac right now but I'll be soon, I'll let you know.

The good news is that habemus hotmix! :laugh:  I unpacked the new machine today. Did a quick test bringing water to different temperatures and that was fine. Made a syrup and tried to make my hydrophobic sugar. Oh man, I got the nastiest cocoa butter on earth...never trust Amazon reviews :S But so far looks like is working. Looking forward to try more interesting stuff!

Franci

Franci

The good news is that habemus hotmix! :laugh:  I unpacked the new machine today. Did a quick test bringing water to different temperatures and that was fine. Made a syrup and tried to make my hydrophobic sugar. Oh man, I got the nastiest cocoa butter on earth...never trust Amazon reviews :S But so far looks like is working. Looking forward to try it!

Franci

Franci

The good news is that habemus hotmix! :laugh:  I unpacked the new machine today. This a quick test bringing water to different temperatures and that was fine. Made a syrup and tried to make my hydrophobic sugar. Oh man, I got the nastiest cocoa butter on earth...never trust Amazon reviews :S But so far looks like is working. Looking forward to try it!