• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

A little update.

This is crazy. Yesterday I was on the phone with Hotmix Italy. So, following their instructions, I put water to the first level of the carafe (1L), selected the first speed and then temperature to 100C. The machined reached 100C. I repeated numerous times and each time took a different time, I supposed if the machine is still hot makes a difference. First time it went to temperature in almost 11 minutes. I also tried with milk. 500 g, reached temperature in 6 minutes and 29. I tried again with the pastry cream. At 25 minutes was still at 65C, I selected 84C.

Also on the other side of the phone were saying that it's crazy. I don't understand how this is possible. Next week we are doing a video call...

Franci

Franci

A little update.

This is crazy. Yesterday I was on the phone with Hotmix Italy. So, following their instructions, I put water to the first level of the carafe (1L), selected the first speed and then temperature to 100C. The machined reached 100C. I repeated numerous times and each time took a different time, I supposed if the machine is still hot makes a difference. First time it went to temperature in almost 11 minutes. I also tried with milk. 500 g, reached temperature in 6 minutes at 29. I tried again with the pastry cream. At 25 minutes was still at 65C, I selected 84C.

Also on the other side of the phone were saying that it's crazy. I don't understand how this is possible. Next week we are doing a video call...