• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Marjal paella rice cooking instructions?

Orbit

8 hours ago, Orbit said:

The package doesn't have any cooking instructions. Does anyone know how much liquid per cup of rice?

I've never worked with La Marjal rice, but here is a link I think you will find helpful. They did an experiment with three different paella rices, and your bargain rice came out in the middle. Sounds like a good deal to me. They also give liquid to rice ratios for each rice. Good luck with your paella. I :x paella!

• Like 2

> ^ . . ^ <

11 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I've never worked with La Marjal rice, but here is a link I think you will find helpful. They did an experiment with three different paella rices, and your bargain rice came out in the middle. Sounds like a good deal to me. They also give liquid to rice ratios for each rice. Good luck with your paella. I :x paella!

I finally found out by looking carefully at some small print on the package, which Google Translate told me was Slovenian (!!) that the ratio is 2 cups liquid to 1 cup rice! The paella came out fine! :)

• Like 1