• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SJMitch

SJMitch

So what will we be ordering for that week?  Not completely sure yet!  We will have two teenaged guests visiting.  We might do the usual: go to the grocery, let them pick ingredients to make their own food (they like chicken tenders and mac&cheese).  So we'll get what we like mostly (they aren't here to select from the offerings yet -- the following week they'll get to help pick).

I'm liking the Purple Carrot regular menu.  That okonomiyaki (I do love okonomiyaki) and the strawberry tomato gazpacho is calling me.  The TB12 ratatouille verde looks good, but the other two, eh...   

Sunbasket is less interesting; not a fan of chicken breast or pork chops. The steak tacos, sausage, and bean nicoise sound kinda boring.  I could possibly do the shrimp creole and either or both of quinoa dishes.  But probably will skip because:

Gobble!  I want the pork&peaches, the gnocchi (love their gnocchi!), the salmon cakes, and the shrimp red curry.  So 4 dishes!  Also, for the kids: add cookies, mac&cheese, and garlic bread and for us, 4 servings of the thai chicken soup.  Gobble is also good because they are the fast-prep service with most things pre-cooked, pre-chopped, pre-mixed when possible.

Blue Apron?  Only the gnocchi and the spanish eggs seem like winners to me, and you can't get just 2.

So, probably 3 dishes from Purple Carrot, 4 from Gobble and several sides as well.

SJMitch

SJMitch

So what will be ordering for that week?  Not completely sure yet!  We will have two teenaged guests visiting.  We might do the usual: go to the grocery, let them pick ingredients to make their own food (they like chicken tenders and mac&cheese).  So we'll get what we like mostly (they aren't here to select from the offerings yet -- the following week they'll get to help pick).

I'm liking the Purple Carrot regular menu.  That okonomiyaki (I do love okonomiyaki) and the strawberry tomato gazpacho is calling me.  The TB12 ratatouille verde looks good, but the other two, eh...   

Sunbasket is less interesting; not a fan of chicken breast or pork chops. The steak tacos, sausage, and bean nicoise sound kinda boring.  I could possibly do the shrimp creole and either or both of quinoa dishes.  But probably will skip because:

Gobble!  I want the pork&peaches, the gnocchi (love their gnocchi!), the salmon cakes, and the shrimp red curry.  So 4 dishes!  Also, for the kids: add cookies, mac&cheese, and garlic bread and for us, 4 servings of the thai chicken soup.  Gobble is also good because they are the fast-prep service with most things pre-cooked, pre-chopped, pre-mixed when possible.

Blue Apron?  Only the gnocchi and the spanish eggs seem like winners to me, and you can't get just 2.

So, probably 3 dishes from Purple Carrot, 4 from Gobble and several sides as well.