• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

@SJMitch, I checked the recipe cards last night, and the cans of coconut milk were meant for the beet curry.

Another TB12 meal this week: zucchini boats.  The ingredients:

ingredients.thumb.jpg.a4ef617f33279cc984022bafe0716093.jpg

Millet is cooked.  Zucchini is halved and centers scraped out, then baked.  Tomato and shallot are diced.  Mint is chopped, peach is peeled, sliced, and placed in a hot bath of boiling water, rice vinegar and salt, then refrigerated.  Garlic is sliced and combined with olive oil, mint is chopped.  Yogurt is combined with sumac and salt.  Okra is sliced and then charred in a hot skillet, then combined with the garlic/olive oil mix, sautéed briefly and then the millet, tomato, shallot and most of the mint are added.  Baked zucchini is stuffed with this mixture and then topped with chopped peanuts, mint, pickled peaches, and sumac. Yogurt is served alongside.  The dish:

594cfe309d1a9_zucchiniboat.thumb.jpg.f61034def43949706484989d6f3a5d48.jpg

I forgot to add the pickled peaches.  Oops!

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

@SJMitch, I checked the recipe cards last night, and the cans of coconut milk were meant for the beet curry.

Another TB12 meal this week: zucchini boats.  The ingredients:

ingredients.thumb.jpg.a4ef617f33279cc984022bafe0716093.jpg

Millet is cooked.  Zucchini is hailed and centers scraped out, then baked.  Tomato and shallot are diced.  Mint is chopped, peach is peeled, sliced, and placed in a hot bath of boiling water, rice vinegar and salt, then refrigerated.  Garlic is sliced and combined with olive oil, mint is chopped.  Yogurt is combined with sumac and salt.  Okra is sliced and then charred in a hot skillet, then combined with the garlic/olive oil mix, sautéed briefly and then the millet, tomato, shallot and most of the mint are added.  Baked zucchini is stuffed with this mixture and then topped with chopped peanuts, mint, pickled peaches, and sumac. Yogurt is served alongside.  The dis:

594cfe309d1a9_zucchiniboat.thumb.jpg.f61034def43949706484989d6f3a5d48.jpg

I forgot to add the pickled peaches.  Oops!