• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

typo

Last night's Purple Carrot TB12 meal was summer rolls with minted edamame and cashew sambal.  The other filling ingredients were red bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, and basil.  It was easy to make and the flavors were good, but the substitution of quinoa for rice noodles (I am guessing to up the protein content) combined with the crumbly texture of the chopped edamame-mint mix made for messy eating when dipped into the sauce.  I used the leftover filling (there was tons left over) to make two good sized salads for lunch for me and for my husband to take to work today.  Overall the salad was a lot easier to eat!

Rolls

59388c766c33c_summerrolls.thumb.jpg.93c03ea3effe8f62363bc7d4a8ec66b0.jpg

Salad

quinoa.thumb.jpg.95671cd3904772a7a85995f3245cbf8a.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Last night's Purple Carrot TB2 meal was summer rolls with minted edamame and cashew sambal.  The other filling ingredients were red bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, and basil.  It was easy to make and the flavors were good, but the substitution of quinoa for rice noodles (I am guessing to up the protein content) combined with the crumbly texture of the chopped edamame-mint mix made for messy eating when dipped into the sauce.  I used the leftover filling (there was tons left over) to make two good sized salads for lunch for me and for my husband to take to work today.  Overall the salad was a lot easier to eat!

Rolls

59388c766c33c_summerrolls.thumb.jpg.93c03ea3effe8f62363bc7d4a8ec66b0.jpg

Salad

quinoa.thumb.jpg.95671cd3904772a7a85995f3245cbf8a.jpg