• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm confused. You say you didn't like the soup because of the "raw" taste.

Why did you send soup which you thought tasted not good?

You then guess that the children felt the same for the same reason, but ask us why the school doesn't want you to send it again. Think about it or ask them!

15 hours ago, Vijay said:

Here is the recipe I followed. 

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan.html

I have excluded onion, garlic and chicken broth from the recipe as we have a prohibition to use them in our cooking. Rest all the recipe remains the same. 

If you omitted around half of a recipe's ingredients then I wouldn't say you followed anything. Of course, it is going to taste a bit odd, at best. All you have left is puréed boiled asparagus, which doesn't sound great to me, either.

But, then you reveal that the school had already asked you not to send soup. So why did you send it at all?

Why are you asking for a replacement when they have told you it isn't what they want? They don't want soup.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm confused. You say you didn't like the soup because of the "raw" taste. You then guess that the children feel the same, for the same reason, but ask us why the school doesn't want you to send it again. Ask them!

12 hours ago, Vijay said:

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan.html

I have excluded onion, garlic and chicken broth from the recipe as we have a prohibition to use them in our cooking. Rest all the recipe remains the same. 

If you omitted around half of a recipe's ingredients then I wouldn't say you followed anything. Of course, it is going to taste a bit odd, at best. All you have left is puréed boiled asparagus, which doesn't sound great to me, either.

But, then you reveal that the school had already asked you not to send soup. So why did you send it at all?

Why are you asking for a replacement when they have told you it isn't what they want? They don't want soup.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I'm confused. You say you didn't like the soup because of the "raw" taste. You then guess that the children feel the same, but ask us why the school doesn't want you to send it again. Ask them!

12 hours ago, Vijay said: