• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vijay

Vijay

Last paragraph missing something

I did recently asparagus soup for the children of a pre-school. I followed the recipe but after completion the raw flavor of asparagus soup is persisting. This may be my concoction also. But the same soup which I tasted hot in a fine dining restaurant didn't have this raw flavor.

After the completion of soup There is a transport of almost 1.5 hour and children take after another 2 hours. The teachers say they reheated and served to the children but their complaint is children didn't like it. So they told me remove from the menu . I am disappointed. 

Should I ask the teachers why the children didn't like? 

Is the reason for their dislike is because of the raw flavor of asparagus in the soup which I suspected initially when I made? 

Here is the recipe I followed. 

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan.html

I have excluded onion, garlic and chicken broth from the recipe as we have a prohibition to use them in our cooking. Rest all the recipe remains the same. 

Vijay

Vijay

I did recently asparagus soup for the children of a pre-school. I followed the recipe but after completion the raw flavor of asparagus soup is persisting. This may be my concoction also. But the same soup which I tasted hot in a fine dining restaurant didn't have this raw flavor.

After the completion of soup There is a transport of almost 1.5 hour and children take after another 2 hours. The teachers say they reheated and served to the children but their complaint is children didn't like it. So they told me remove from the menu . I am disappointed. 

Should I ask the teachers why the children didn't like? 

Is the reason for their dislike is because of the raw flavor of asparagus in the soup which I suspected initially when I made? 

Here is the recipe I followed. 

http://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/asparagus-soup-with-lemon-and-parmesan.html

I have excluded onion and garlic as we have a prohibition to use in our cooking. Rest all the recipe remains the same.