• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

So, I do all the meals and organizing around here.  I want to invole my DH more and I believe he is interested.  I usually do not have a plan of meals for the week.  I have a plethora of cookbooks, many I want cook from but have yet to cook from.  I go to the store and buy what looks good and then spend the next few days scrambling as to what to cook with said wonderful ingredients.

After a nice glass of Okanagan Chardonnay, I had an epiphany.  We will choose recipes from one cookbook for the week AND my DH is charged with participating to come up with a week.

We shall see how this goes but I am fed up with scrambling.

Tonight it is Hockey playoffs and our team is playing so it is curry dinner from the freezer for DH and a salad for me, made in advance.  After our enormous lunch we will see if any gets eaten.

Note, no dinner.  We were still full!  Going shopping this morning with a limited shopping list.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

So, I do all the meals and organizing around here.  I want to invole my DH more and I believe he is interested.  I usually do not have a plan of meals for the week.  I have a plethora of cookbooks, many I want cook from but have yet to cook from.  I go to the store and buy what looks good and then spend the next few days scrambling as to what to cook with said wonderful ingredients.

After a nice glass of Okanagan Chardonnay, I had an epiphany.  We will choose recipes from one cookbook for the week AND my DH is charged with participating to come up with a week.

We shall see how this goes but I am fed up with scrambling.

Tonight it is Hockey playoffs and our team is playing so it is curry dinner from the freezer for DH and a salad for me, made in advance.  After our enormous lunch we will see if any gets eaten.