• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

35 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I think I spied a kitchen :)  It looks like a nice place!

Is the place you ate someplace you've been before or is it a new one?

Yes, there is a brief glimpse of the kitchen in the video. It's not a great video - cell phone job. My real camera is in a box somewhere! I'll post more when I have finally  unpacked - probably around Christmas!

I haven't eaten in that particular fast food place before, but they are all much the same. Usually simple dishes like that served over rice. I very seldom use them, though.

The problem with Chinese restaurants is that they are nearly always not geared to solo diners or even couples. The Chinese like to eat in groups and that is where the money is for most restaurants. The fast food and noodle shops are really the only alternative. When I was eating lunch the day before in the noodle,shop (see lunch thread), every table was occupied by one solo eater.

liuzhou

liuzhou

19 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I think I spied a kitchen :)  It looks like a nice place!

Is the place you ate someplace you've been before or is it a new one?

Yes, there is a brief glimpse of the kitchen in the video. It's not a great video - cell phone job. My real camera is in box somewhere! I'll post more when I havefinally  unpacked - probably around Christmas!

I haven't eaten in that particular fast food place before, but they are all much the same. Usually simple dishes like that served over rice. I very seldom use them, though.

The problem with Chinese restaurants is that they are nearly always not geared to solo diners. The Chinese like to eat in groups and that is where the money is for most restaurants. The fast food and noodle shops are really the only alternative. When I was eating lunch the day before in the noodle,shop (see lunch thread), every table was occupied by one solo eater.