• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

Extra pucture

I've had a ziploc with 3 big abalone in it for about two years. They were frozen in water/ice so never got freezer burn, but due to that they took up a lot of room.  With all the pesto and @ElainaA's roasted tomato sauce I'm freezing, I needed to free up some room.  Abalone is a lot of work, but I gave my son the meat tenderizer and he went to town.  Then I dipped in egg and Ritz cracker crumbs and fried it.  The Ritz crumbs are a thing an abalone diver told me about years ago.  I only cooked one and it was so rich, my son, his girlfriend and I were done.  It was good but messy to cook.

IMG_1484.JPG

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

I've had a ziploc with 3 big abalone in it for about two years. They were frozen in water/ice so never got freezer burn, but due to that they took up a lot of room.  With all the pesto and @ElainaA's roasted tomato sauce I'm freezing, I needed to free up some room.  Abalone is a lot of work, but I gave my son the meat tenderizer and he went to town.  Then I dipped in egg and Ritz cracker crumbs and fried it.  The Ritz crumbs are a thing an abalone diver told me about years ago.  I only cooked one and it was so rich, my son, his girlfriend and I were done.  It was good but messy to cook.

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG