• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Correct typing

Slowly, it is coming around.  I have quite a bit of compound butters made from fresh summer herbs.  I moved them from a hard to get at drawer to one at shoulder height; separated them into tubs with a list of what is in each tub; wonder of wonders, I am using them almost everyday for something!  Today I made soup with two one cup containers of pureed winter squash and confit onions which I made in the IP.  That was a quick soup.  Tonight we are having a duck breast that has been vac sealed and stored in the freezer since 2013!  Still good.  No freezer burn but clearly TIME to use it.  Pulled out a port/cherry sauce to go with.  For tomorrow we have some homemade Brats out of the freezer along with some red cabbage German style.  

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Slowly, it is coming around.  I have quite a bit of compound butters made from fresh summer herbs.  I moved them from a hard to get at draw to one at shoulder height; separated them into tubs with a list of what is in each tub; wonder of wonders, I am using them almost everyday for something!  Today I made soup with two one cup containers of pureed winter squash and confit onions which I made in the IP.  That was a quick soup.  Tonight we are having a duck breast that has been vac sealed and stored in the freezer since 2013!  Still good.  No freezer burn but clearly TIME to use it.  Pulled out a port/cherry sauce to go with.  For tomorrow we have some homemade Brats out of the freezer along with some red cabbage German style.