• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2017 (Part 2)

kayb

D9F4532A-8255-4BC1-BCA3-6A3D36EF4B43.thumb.jpeg.86cdc276d41b2e4c0c8dde30b0cf7f41.jpeg

Biscuit and bacon with some tomatoes on the side. 

• Like 10

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

35 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Its very clear now :

Beer and Pork Rolls

do not mix.

"" the fight early Saturday morning ""

""   may have started over beer ""

It is New Jersey after all.

• Haha 1

17585215-F855-4786-B683-FA388A5A1F35.thumb.jpeg.5c48b18427bc9f891c7a9ac8e8a7e7e3.jpeg

Picked up some liverwurst yesterday and enjoyed some of it on toast with some Campari tomatoes this morning.   I don’t think about liverwurst until I see it in the store then I remember how much I enjoy it.  

• Like 8

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I love Liverwurst and much the same as you I don't buy it unless I come across it.  I have never seen it sliced like you have done, I guess your making up for it while you have it....:biggrin:

My Mom used to make me liverwurst sandwiches with thin slices of onion on (of course) Wonderbread or its equivalent.

haven't any in many, many years.  I may just gave to pick some up next time I see some.

Edited by lindag
Fixing auto correct (log)
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Captain said:

I love Liverwurst and much the same as you I don't buy it unless I come across it.  I have never seen it sliced like you have done, I guess your making up for it while you have it....:biggrin:

One word: smørrebrød

My 2004 eG Blog

I cooked up an entire 24-oz package of Wright's bacon this morning, something I do periodically as the smell of bacon cooking is a migraine trigger for my daughter, so I try to keep some pre-cooked on hand. I may or may not have eaten, oh, eight pieces of it. With two biscuits with butter and blackberry jam.

I am not a bit ashamed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

F186D00E-3BBE-4680-91A6-8B86A8DA3B0D.thumb.jpeg.e6ec60b511a1e91772aa6898d688ea65.jpeg

Bacon and mushrooms on grilled bread. 

• Like 9
  • Delicious 1

My 2004 eG Blog

I was able to pick what I fear may be the last zucchini of the season along with a few Fourth of July tomatoes and a handful of habaneros, two of which went into a quick batch of salsa. Scrambled eggs,scrapple and  sautéed zucchini, which I dusted on the plate with freshly grated Romano cheese.

HC

IMG_0824.thumb.JPG.5c6b9ce37c08b80973eff1c61ce198e8.JPGIMG_0825.thumb.JPG.4712933ee7b4217271c329979ca4f5dc.JPG

• Like 3

5E39EC12-FFAF-403C-99AA-CA60DA563368.thumb.jpeg.a7e976d9c8208fd7f1925f281f1ac14e.jpeg

Beef Miroton (sounds so much better than leftover beef with onion gravy).  Served over a reheated frozen Yorkie.  It’s what’s for breakfast today. 

• Like 6

My 2004 eG Blog