• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2017 (Part 2)

kayb

Inspired by this  from @blue_dolphin 

IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.16491fbd761b177816ae0a0c2cb4036b.JPG

I opted for chipotle ketchup over sriracha ketchup. 

• Like 9

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I had a little of the mixture left over from yesterday's breakfast of salt and pepper French toast.

I cut two slices of bread from a homemade loaf and dipped them in the mixture and then, just before they were finished cooking, I decided to gild the lily!   How can a handful of grated Gruyere,  melty and starting to get crispy, go wrong?  

IMG_1715.thumb.JPG.1b21efd6a560b56bc0d89a4f8624e3c3.JPG

• Like 10

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

If one can have savoury French toast then one can also have savoury oatmeal. 

IMG_1748.thumb.JPG.e0725b43cc3fa3d8e0753913b0f7cafc.JPG

Oatmeal cooked in the Instant Pot using  the PIP method (pot in pot). Additions include cheddar cheese, butter, salt, sautéed mushrooms, bacon ends and some scallions. 

• Like 8

My 2004 eG Blog

IMG_1791.thumb.JPG.69aeae4e9266950d8c1c66c85d804c5e.JPG

Sweet potato hash with some harissa ( perhaps a little too much)  and a poached egg. 

• Like 10

My 2004 eG Blog

21 minutes ago, HungryChris said:

I did what I could, albeit in my own small way, to set things right in the world this morning. Well, someone has to!

IT is a truth universally acknowledged that when fried zucchini and Crystal hot sauce appear on the table of @HungryChris the slight wobble in the earth's rotation smooths out imperceptibly. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My 2004 eG Blog

IMG_1827.thumb.JPG.5a690bbf81b82ace9e01fb1881535f87.JPG

Thought I would try my hand at making some almond butter in the Thermomix this morning.  Then I managed to empty two jars of jam which is always a good thing!   I hate accumulations of jars with a tablespoon or so of stuff in them.  Don't think I will become any better fan of almond butter than I am of peanut butter but I'm happy I tried it. 

• Like 7

My 2004 eG Blog

Finally got around to making muhammara  so breakfast this morning was toast with cream cheese and the muhammara. IMG_1853.thumb.JPG.cc29184ad0907b072df5cd1117683ea1.JPG

• Like 5

My 2004 eG Blog

37 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Tasty left-over bits.   Smoked pork tenderloin  with cranberry chutney, gravlax, cheese.

Breakfast as it was always meant to be before somebody thought that any kind of cereal would actually hit the spot. 

• Like 4

My 2004 eG Blog

IMG_1885.thumb.JPG.7261ce3f4856918476c3ec63b449582e.JPG

Two overcooked poached eggs on homemade toast spread with muhammara. (So far I have found nothing that improves poached eggs on buttered toast.)

• Like 5

My 2004 eG Blog

Kasia,  what a pretty breakfast. 

Love the ideas for the  savoury french toasts.   

Since I can't seem to sleep past 4:00, AM,  I've taken to making dinner for breakfast.   

59bfca51c2477_ChickenSouvlakiSeptember17th20171.thumb.jpg.d1739f30c8aeeb32dda981b2812ebd32.jpg

Yesterday's breakfast. Chicken Souvlaki.

59bfca602dc6a_ChickenSouvlakiSeptember17th20172.thumb.jpg.077d30fa3d67963735dde34209050d5c.jpg

Moe had his for breakfast , and since I was working yesterday I took mine for lunch.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, HungryChris said:

I have run out of zucchini.

Oh no!  Whew.  At least the Crystal sauce is still there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My 2004 eG Blog