• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Back in the summer, when  I escaped from the clutches of  the hospital which I had gone to for emergency repairs, but was instead tortured by demons in the kitchen, the quack-in-chief ordered me to start every day with  four boiled eggs. This I sensibly ignored, but compromised with a couple of ova instead. I ate that almost every morning for about a month then thought "^$## this!" and reverted to more sensible breakfasts such as gin and tonic; spliff; cold, leftover, cheap chain pizza etc.

This morning, I woke with a strange hankering for, damn it, boiled eggs. So:

egg.thumb.jpg.fedd48d906b41a3fab25767e92b257fe.jpg

Duck eggs (courtesy of my neighbour's duck, although I had to boil them myself. It seems ducks don't lay boiled eggs. Who knew?)  Hand made flatbread (my hands).

Don't worry. I've booked a therapist appointment for this afternoon.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Back in the summer, when  I escaped from the clutches of  the hospital which I had gone to for emergency repairs, but was instead tortured by demons in the kitchen, the quack-in-chief ordered me to start every day with  four boiled eggs. This I sensibly ignored, but compromised with a couple of ova instead. I ate that almost every morning for about a month then thought "^$## this!" and reverted to more sensible breakfasts such as gin and tonic; spliff; cold, leftover, cheap chain pizza etc.

This morning, I woke with a strange hankering for, damn it, boiled eggs. So:

egg.thumb.jpg.fedd48d906b41a3fab25767e92b257fe.jpg

Duck egg (courtesy of my my neighbour's duck, although I had to boil it myself. It seems ducks don't lay boiled eggs. Who knew?)  Hand made flatbread (my hands).

Don't worry. I've booked a therapist appointment for this afternoon.