• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Since I left hospital last week, they're encouraging me to eat a high protein diet to make up for weight loss during the proceedings. One doctor recommended 6 eggs a day. I ain't going there.

But I am willing to have a couple, which was my plan this morning. Unfortunately, the fridge is somewhat bare and there was but one lonely duck egg.

OK. I'll have that in a sandwich, I thought. One problem. No bread. I haven't baked since I escaped.

Still a resourceful young chap likes me can throw together a bit of flat bread, so here it is. With the egg. (Had I been entertaining, I would have been more careful with the shape, but it was only me. No one is going to see.)

breakfast.thumb.jpg.65640f8d002b64a9b817124aa6214576.jpg

Could have done with that other egg, but it was enough to get the day started. Have now procured more eggs.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Since leaving hospital last week, they're encouraging me to eat a high protein diet to make up for weight loss during the proceedings. One doctor recommended 6 eggs a day. I ain't going there.

But I am willing to have a couple, which was my plan this morning. Unfortunately, the fridge is somewhat bare and there was but one lonely duck egg.

OK. I'll have that in a sandwich, I thought. One problem. No bread. I haven't baked since I escaped.

Still a resourceful young chap likes me can throw together a bit of flat bread, so here it is. With the egg. (Had I been entertaining, I would have been more careful with the shape, but it was only me. No one is going to see.)

breakfast.thumb.jpg.65640f8d002b64a9b817124aa6214576.jpg

Could have done with that other egg, but it was enough to get the day started. Have now procured more eggs.