• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

The only place Ive had fried bread was in GB at various Bed&Breakfasts 

a long time ago.   the bread had ' good crumb ' and was not mush USA supermarket bread and cut thick

there was a Tomato das le plate , I guess heated up some how

two eggs  as above   and English Bacon in most places.   the tastier places gave you the option of Bangers

which were superb.

and yes , fried bread as above is stunning.

if I were Back in the Game    

Id figure out how to do a study on the above fried bread   ( in bacon i.e. pork fat )  

with a moderately healthy diet

with and with out Statins.

I think the FriedBread group that had moderate statins and Bangers would live forever , 

picking the bangers would be key .

rotuts

rotuts

The only place Ive had fried bread was in GB at various Bed&Breakfasts 

a long time ago.   the bread had ' good crumb ' and was not mush USA supermarket bread and cut thick

there was a Tomato das le plate , I guess heated up some how

two eggs  as above   and English Bacon in most places.   the tastier places gave you the option of Bangers

which were superb.

and yes , fried bread as above is stunning.

if I were Back in the Game    

Id figure out how to do a study on the above fried bread   ( in bacon i.e. pork fat )  

with a moderately healthy diet

with and with out Statins.

I think the FriedBread group would live forever , 

picking the bangers would have helped.