• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Im not not a big fan of Ham & Eggs.

however , as its Easter , hams have been on sale.

I pick up a Carando boneless spiral sliced ham   as it was attractively priced at $ 1.99./lbs   usually $ 3.99 /lbs

I was surprised at its quality :

Ham.thumb.jpg.92c4077f248e43c11b8ba4433ea537ec.jpg

and it was flat cut , not spiral.  no matter.

i soak the slices I use in ice water for a bit to remove some of the salt.  this ham was not massively salty.  none the less  ....

I use ice water rather than warm to keep the fat in the ham.  don't really know if this matters.

HamNEggs.jpg.91bfd343699e0bfce8d21d9690eb80d1.jpg

H&Eggs     it was good

but this ham makes a much better   Ham & ( melted ) Swiss sandwich.   I freeze what I don't use right away.

rotuts

rotuts

Im not not a big fan of Ham & Eggs.

however , as its Easter , hams have been on sale.

I pick up a Carando boneless spiral sliced ham   as it was attractively priced at $ 1.99.

I was surprised at its quality :

Ham.thumb.jpg.92c4077f248e43c11b8ba4433ea537ec.jpg

and it was flat cut , not spiral.  no matter.

i soak the slices I use in ice water for a bit to remove some of the salt.  this ham was not massively salty.  none the less  ....

I use ice water rather than warm to keep the fat in the ham.  don't really know if this matters.

HamNEggs.jpg.91bfd343699e0bfce8d21d9690eb80d1.jpg

H&Eggs     it was good

but this ham makes a much better   Ham & ( melted ) Swiss sandwich.   I freeze what I don't use right away.