• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Toast with boozy mushrooms from Diana Henry's Simple.  The header notes say "The obvious thing would be to add garlic and parsley but, in fact, unadulterated mushroominess is what you want."   Indeed, I really wanted to add some parsley, at least, but I resisted the urge to even garnish the plate and unadulterated mushroominess is what I got - yum!

58e2859fd6513_IMG_4791(1).thumb.jpg.75b255b4f929cc7361cbfc3ad7b4a870.jpg

The recipe calls for brioche and suggests sourdough as an alternative for those who don't want the sweetness.  I used toasted ciabatta and also substituted the run of the mill dried mushrooms from the Asian market that live in my pantry for the specified dried wild mushrooms but I did open a bottle of Amontillado as I thought the sherry sounded more luxurious.  For the unemployed, there's nothing like luxury for breakfast on a Monday xD!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Toast with boozy mushrooms from Diana Henry's Simple.  The header notes say "The obvious thing would be to add garlic and parsley but, in fact, unadulterated mushroominess is what you want."   Indeed, I really wanted to add some parsley, at least. but  I resisted the urge to even garnish the plate and unadulterated mushroominess is what I got - yum!

The recipe calls for brioche and suggests sourdough as an alternative for those who don't want the sweetness.  I used toasted ciabatta and also substituted the run of the mill dried mushrooms from the Asian market that live in my pantry for the specified dried wild mushrooms but I did open a bottle of Amontillado as I thought the sherry sounded more luxurious.  For the unemployed, there's nothing like luxury for breakfast on a Monday xD!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Toast with boozy mushrooms from Diana Henry's Simple.  The header notes say "The obvious thing would be to add garlic and parsley but, in fact, unadulterated mushroominess is what you want."   Indeed, I really wanted to add some parsley, at least but  I resisted the urge to even garnish the plate and unadulterated mushroominess is what I got - yum!